Trust & Will was founded in late 2017 by entrepreneurs Cody Barbo and Daniel Goldstein. Based in San Diego, Trust & Will is growing quickly and building up an online presence in the last couple of years, though they remain a small office with only 27 employees on LinkedIn with only $8 million in funding. But, in such a short space of time and run by two non-legal experts, is Trust & Will trusted? Check out this Trust & Will review.
Trust & Will Services
Below are some of the key services that are on offer at Trust & Will at https://trustandwill.com.
- Trusts: The state-specific trust covers “everything”, from a Revocable Living Trust to a Power of Attorney
- Wills: This product is essentially a smaller package of the same thing, only covering a Last Will & Testament, HIPAA Authorization, Living Will and Power of Attorney.
- Guardians: Customized nomination of Guardian documents
Trust & Will: Strong Points
- Website — First and foremost, Trust & Will have a fantastic website. It’s clear, well designed, accessible and a visual joy to browse. From here, you’ll find it easy to find what you’re after.
- Fast will creation — Most plans can be created in under half an hour. The website claims the Will alone can be completed in 10 minutes, and they’re right! Because the company is a fresh new startup with an eye on millennials, everything is efficiently designed and slick.
- Ease-of-use — Filling out the information and answering the questions that’s required for will creation is exceedingly simple. It’s fool-proof and extremely clear in its instructions. It’s up there with one of the easiest will creation programs.
- Low cost — Trust & Will is, unsurprisingly, a lot less than paying for meeting with an attorney. Compared to other will makers, the price is perhaps somewhere in the middle, though many may come away thinking it’s uber-easy will creation software makes the price great value. Plus, adding documents for your spouse is at a discounted price.
Trust & Will: Weak Points
- Customer support — The live chat feature works well, but there’s no option for phone calls if you need some support. This is a huge issue for many customers who will want to speak directly, verbally, to a customer support worker. Trust & Will reviews also indicate this is an issue.
- Credibility — There’s nothing about Trust & Will to suggest you shouldn’t trust them (an A+ from Better Business Bureau), however this doesn’t mean the company has limited credibility. It’s only a couple of years old and neither co-founder is a legal expert. Some customers may feel more reassurance having their will created by a law firm as opposed to what feels like a tech startup.
- Doesn’t serve complicated situations — Trust & Will, as described above, is not a law company. There are no attorneys you can speak with in customer support, and the legal will document creation is basic. If you have a complex estate or situation, then it’s worth opting for a will-maker that is a law firm.
Ease of Use
Trust & Will is one of, if not the best, will-making processes in terms of speed and ease-of-use. From the outset, the website provides clarity in its services, prices and even has a learning center where you can learn more about estate planning. Once you’re filling in the questionnaire that creates the will document(s), you’ll find that it’s over in a flash and that everything is neatly explained and laid out. As mentioned above, this is a service that isn’t for complex situations. The positive side of that is that it’s exceedingly simple for those with simple situations.
Unique Functions Offered by Trust & Will
Below are some of the great functions offered by Trust & Will.
- Learn — Trust & Will may not be a law firm, but they’ve clearly been hiring some writers that are experts in law. On their learn page, you can find posts, guides and tips on trusts, wills and other legal stuff. You can even take several quizzes to see if creating a will or trust is right for you specifically.
- Unlimited access — Paying for a will leaves you with unlimited access and editing ability over that document. This isn’t something you pay extra for or is capped by time.
- Live Chat Feature — Conducive to appease their young target audience, a live chat feature is available making customer support a relatively hassle-less affair. Whilst many customers will long for a phone call, many customers will prefer the live chat feature which not all online will-makers have.
- 30-day money back — If you’re not happy with the will creation experience, or you’ve had a change of heart and wish to use another company, then all customers can request a refund within 30 days of handing over their money.
Here is the price structure of Trust & Will:
- Guardian — $39 (add documents for your spouse for $30 extra)
- Will — $89 (add documents for your spouse for $70 extra)
- Trust — $399 (add documents for your spouse for $100 extra)
As we can see, these are some competitive prices for the online will-making market. They’re not the cheapest, but the discount for spouse documents along with unlimited changes and a super easy software makes Trust & Will good value for money.
Bottom Line – is Trust & Will Legit?
Trust & Will is almost the perfect online will-maker for those wanting basic will creation. Sure, it’s limited, but if all you need is a basic will then there’s no other company that makes it faster or easier for you, and the price remains fairly competitive. Factoring in its time-saving potential as well as spouse discounts and unlimited revisions, you’re getting a lot of value for the price.
All in all, Trust & Will has its limitations in its customer support, infant track record, and not being a law firm, but there are many customers in which it serves their needs perfectly at an affordable price. Instead of endeavoring to accommodate everyone, Trust & Will leverages simplicity.