US Legal Wills have been operating since 2000. The company is a part of Parting Wishes, Inc., which works with lawyers from around the world, though is not a law firm itself. US Legal Wills provide wills in all 50 states, have 5* reviews on Google and received an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau. So, are US Legal Wills legit?
This US Legal Wills’ review will explore their credibility, the features of their service and how valuable it is for the price.
US Legal Wills Services
Below are some of the services you can benefit from on https://www.uslegalwills.com/:
- Last Will and Testament — Credible US wills to express your wishes around your possessions after you pass away.
- Expatriate Wills —There is a will option for expats that have assets in the US, Canada, England or Wales but live in a different country. This is also a good option if you already have a will where you live, but you need to incorporate your assets in the mentioned countries.
- Trusts —Currently, US Legal Wills does not offer stand-alone trusts, but there is an option to include trusts within your will, for example, for your children or pets.
- Powers of Attorney — You can create a financial power of attorney to help make decisions on your behalf.
- Living Wills — You can specify wishes regarding your healthcare in case you’re unable to communicate in the future.
- Attorney Reviews — You can get any of your documents reviewed by a professional attorney. This comes at an additional cost though.
- Life Locker — This is a unique service for those who have some important information to store and want it to be easily accessed by their family members. With a Life Locker, you can nominate up to 20 KeyHolders that will be able to access your documents when they need it.
US Legal Wills: Strong Points
- Low, one-time fee — It is a great service for very low rates (the price is below the market’s average, but US Legal Wills reviews are very much positive). Once you pay for your will, you don’t have to pay any ongoing membership fees and you are free to update it for a year.
- Comprehensive legal documents — They have a wide range of products and options which are broken down into different packages (i.e. you save money if you only want an expat will).
- Customizable — Good customization options, as you can cover a variety of circumstances in your will and have it reviewed by a lawyer if needed.
- Speed — The process of creating a credible last will takes around 20 minutes, which is fast even considering this is a USP of online willmakers.
US Legal Wills: Weak Points
- Paralysis by analysis — Because of how many products and options they have, the system can become rather overwhelming for the users. Although, this issue is addressed with the Q&A that can be very helpful.
- Trusts — US Legal Wills do not provide the type of trusts that will allow your estate to avoid probate, which may be important to your situation.
- No all-in-one package — US Legal Wills fails to offer an all-in-one comprehensive package, which could help the customer save money and time by being able to create all of the legal documents offered under one product.
- Quicken WillMaker & Trust
- TRUST&WILL REVIEW
- TOTAL LEGAL REVIEW
- LEGALZOOM REVIEW
- DOYOUROWNWILL REVIEW
Ease of Use
US Legal Wills is very quick and easy — you can create a will within 20 minutes by answering a series of guided questions that were approved by an attorney. It uses a wizard that adapts to your individual answers and provides you with the follow up questions (for example, only if you say that you have children, it will ask more about options for them).
It is easy to create multiple wills, store them online, and update them if needed, with no extra charge. If you do get stuck, there’s a “knowledge base” section for FAQs, as well as being able to contact customer service over the phone, mail, email, or the portal.
The willmaker itself is responsive to mobile, meaning you can create the legal documents wherever and whenever, unlike some of its competitors.
Unique Functions Offered by US Legal Wills
Below are some of the most unique functions offered by US Legal Wills that few other companies offer.
- Spousal savings — US Legal Wills offer a 40% discount off their services for your spouse or partner. Each person is required to create a separate account.
- Free Updates — Your documents will be stored at US Legal Wills for a year after your purchase with no extra charge. In that time, you can make an unlimited number of updates for free.
- Continued storage — If you wish to have access to your documents and update them for longer than a year, you can pay for continued storage (after the first year). There is an option to buy storage for lifetime, so you don’t have to worry about it running out.
- 30-day-money-back guarantee — Not a lot of will making companies offer this, but with US Legal Wills you can ask for your money back within the first 30 days after the purchase, in case you are not happy with the service.
US Legal Wills are very affordable compared to many other companies or the average rates of hiring a lawyer to prepare your document. Each of their products and services come at a different price point, but all of them stay well below the market’s average.
- Wills or Expat Wills: $39.95
- Living Wills: $19.95
- Power of Attorney: $29.95
- Life Locker: $29.95
Continued storage fees (after the first year):
- 1 year – $11.95
- 5 years – $24.95
- 10 years – $34.95
- 25 years – $74.95
- Lifetime – $124.95
Is US Legal Wills Trusted? They are, though they may not have the same level of credibility as some of their longer-serving competitors. The service is low-cost, and breaking different legal products down into individual packages can help save costs by paying for only what you actually need.
For the money, you receive some great value. Unlimited revisions for a year, a 20-minute easy-to-use process and the 30-day money back guarantee make it hard not to endorse US Legal Wills. The price does soon add up if you want to make use of all of their services (more costly than, say, Nolo’s WillMaker & Trust), so this will depend on what you’re looking for.
Our bottom line is that this is a hugely popular online will service with a sufficient reputation and some great revision features.